Saturday 17 August 2013

How to: Parsley Pesto

Hey Nibblers!

I've always loved my pesto. If there's anything pesto on the menu, I'm the one to order it. My Mumma has been tending her little herb garden religiously for about two years now. So, when she said she wanted me to use the abundance of parsley for her, I gladly did, by making one of my favourite things. It's not your traditional basil pestos but, if you're a fan of parsley, you'll be a fan of this.

What you'll need:
- 110g of parsley
- 100g of grated cheddar cheese
- 60g of raw almonds
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- A food processor or blender
          Note: These aren't traditional ingredients for pesto but as a proud pantry hunter, this combination works well together


How to:
1. Throw your parsley, almonds, oil and cheddar into your food processor/ blender
2. Blend until well combined. I like my pesto chunky so I've blitzed it to my desired texture


3. Add salt to taste. 
          Note: This made about a small bowls worth of pesto. I added about 1 tsp. of salt. Be careful though. Cheddar is already salty so it's all trial and error
         If you find your pesto is too dry, add more oil. Don't go crazy because it takes a while for it to set in.

Now, you're all set! It's that simple. But the thing I love most about pesto is its versatility. Eat it as a dip, on some bread, or even spooned over some freshly cooked pasta makes dinner fast and easy. Parsley gives it a much stronger taste but one that is equally addictive as their basil counterparts.
       
I had a little bit of an accident when pouring my oil in so it's a tad too thin for me but still super delicious!

Tossed with some freshly cooked pasta, add in some poultry and dinner/ lunch is ready to go.
Hope you're all having an amazing week and perhaps try this recipe out if you're a parsley lover like me!

Nibble Away,

         Jo x.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...